For cPanel & WHM 54
(Home >> Networking Setup)
This section of the WHM interface allows you to configure your server for use on the Internet.
- Change Hostname — This interface allows you to change your server's hostname.
Whenever you change the server's hostname, you must use one of the following methods:
- Enter the new hostname in the Setup Networking section of WHM's Initial Setup Wizard interface.
- Use WHM's Change Hostname interface (Home >> Networking Setup >> Change Hostname).
- Call WHM API 1's
- Run the
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/set_hostnameutility as the
These methods ensure that all of the necessary system and service changes occur.
If you update your hostname, the system blocks user access to the following interfaces and services:
- Horde Webmail
- Calendars and Contacts (CalDAV/CardDAV)
The system restores access to these interfaces and services after the hostname update completes. For more information, read our Interface Lock Scripts documentation.
- Resolver Configuration — This interface allows you to use a configuration wizard to edit the
/etc/resolv.conffile. This file contains the nameservers that your server will query in order to resolve domain names into IP addresses.