For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> Databases)
This document describes functionality from cPanel's deprecated x3 theme. We strongly recommend that you use cPanel's current theme (Paper Lantern) instead.
- We removed the deprecated x3 theme from new installations in cPanel & WHM version 60.
- Make certain that you read the appropriate documentation for your version of cPanel & WHM.
- For more information, read our What's My Version Number documentation.
- cPanel's Paper Lantern theme does not include certain x3 theme-specific features.
- For a complete list of Paper Lantern features, read our cPanel Features List documentation.
- If you need a feature that the Paper Lantern theme does not include, submit a feature request.
The following documents describe the features in cPanel's Databases section. Databases offer a method by which you can manage large amounts of information easily over the web. They are necessary to run many web-based applications (for example, bulletin boards, content management systems, and online retail shops).
- MySQL Databases - x3 — This interface allows you to manage your MySQL® databases and MySQL database users.
- MySQL Database Wizard - x3 — This wizard provides steps to set up a MySQL database, as well as the requisite accounts and privileges.
- phpMyAdmin — phpMyAdmin is a third-party tool that you can use to manipulate MySQL databases. For more information about how to use phpMyAdmin, visit the phpMyAdmin website.
- PostgreSQL Databases - x3 — This interface allows you to manage your PostgreSQL® databases and PostgreSQL database users.
- PostgreSQL Database Wizard - x3 — This wizard provides steps to set up a PostgreSQL database, as well as the requisite accounts and privileges.
phpPgAdmin — phpPgAdmin is a third-party tool that you can use to manipulate PostgreSQL databases. For more information about how to use phpPgAdmin, visit the phpPgAdmin website.
Some versions of PostgreSQL are ANSI SQL-92 compliant and do not support recursive grants, wildcard grants, or future grants. To allow multiple users to access your PostgreSQL tables, click Synchronize Grants in the PostgreSQL Databases interface (Home >> Databases >> PostgreSQL Databases) after you add a table.
- Remote MySQL - x3 — This interface allows you to configure the ability of other web servers to access your databases remotely.