For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> Advanced >> Error pages)
This document describes functionality from cPanel's deprecated x3 theme. We strongly recommend that you use cPanel's current theme (Paper Lantern) instead.
- We removed the deprecated x3 theme from new installations in cPanel & WHM version 60.
- Make certain that you read the appropriate documentation for your version of cPanel & WHM.
- For more information, read our What's My Version Number documentation.
- cPanel's Paper Lantern theme does not include certain x3 theme-specific features.
- For a complete list of Paper Lantern features, read our cPanel Features List documentation.
- If you need a feature that the Paper Lantern theme does not include, submit a feature request.
Error pages inform visitors about problems when they attempt to access your site. Each problem has its own status code (for example,
404) and error page.
The web server automatically provides basic error pages, but the Error Pages interface allows you to define custom error pages for any HTTP status code.
Edit an error page
To customize an error page, perform the following steps:
- If this account manages more than one domain, select the domain for which you wish to edit an error page from the Managing: menu.
- Click the error status code for which you wish to edit its error page.
- If you do not see the desired error status code in that list, click the Show All HTTP Error Status Codes tab. Then, click on the desired error status code.
- Enter a message in the text box.
- To display information on the error page about the visitor who accessed your site, click the appropriate buttons for the information that you wish to display.
- Enter additional HTML code to further customize your error pages.
- Click Save.