For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> Software >> MultiPHP Manager)
WHM's MultiPHP Manager interface only appears on systems that run EasyApache 4.
WHM's MultiPHP Manager interface allows you to easily manage the PHP configurations of your accounts. In this interface, you can manage the PHP version of any virtual host that you own. You can also set a different PHP version for each virtual host.
- The system PHP Version refers to version of PHP that functions as the global default for all accounts. Only the system administrator can set the system PHP version. Any primary domain that is set to Inherit uses the system PHP Version. For more information, read our PHP Inheritance documentation.
Select a tab to view more information about that section of the MultiPHP Manager interface.
System PHP version
The System PHP Version functions as the global default for all accounts. When you create a new account, the account uses this version of PHP by default. Any primary domain that is set to Inherit uses the System PHP Version. For more information, read our PHP Inheritance documentation.
To change the system default PHP, perform the following steps:
- Click Edit in the System PHP Version section.
- Select your desired PHP version from the menu.
- Click Apply.
If you change the system default PHP version, the PHP version of any primary domain that is set to Inherit also changes.
To remove the CloudLinux™ promotions, log into your Manage2 account, navigate to the Update Company Information section, and select the Disabled button next to the Purchase CloudLinux Url or email address option. You can only disable this option if you have a Partner account.
List of domains
In EasyApache 4, each domain or virtual host can use any currently-installed PHP version.
The list of domains displays the following information:
- The name of the domain
- The domain's account name
- The PHP version that the domain currently uses
Parked domains represent aliases for a primary domain. The system does not list these in the user interface.
Use the Search text box to search for specific domains. You can search by domain name, account name, current PHP version of the domain. Results update automatically as you type.
Set a domain's PHP version
To change an account's PHP version, perform the following steps:
- Select the checkbox next to the domain that you wish to change.
- Select the desired version of PHP in the PHP Version menu. If you want the account to always use the system default, select Inherit.
- Click Apply. The system changes the selected domain's PHP version.
Incorrect ownership of an
.htaccess file may cause failures when you change an account's PHP version. The user account must own the
.htaccess file that you want to change, and that file must use
- PHP Inheritance — This document explains how accounts inherit their PHP version in EasyApache 4.
Manage PHP Handlers
In EasyApache 4, each PHP version can use its own PHP handler.
The list of PHP versions shows:
- An installed PHP version
- The PHP handler that version of PHP uses
To change the handler that a PHP version uses, perform the following steps:
- Click Edit next to the version of PHP whose handler you wish to change.
Select the PHP handler from the menu.
The menu only shows the PHP handlers compatible with your selected version of PHP.
You can only use the DSO handler with one version of PHP.
- Click Apply.