For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> Security Center >> Password Strength Configuration)
This feature allows you to define minimum strengths for passwords for all of cPanel & WHM's features that require password authentication.
The system rates password strength on a scale of 0 to 100, where 100 represents a very strong password.
Users with shell access can bypass these requirements with the
How to set minimum password strengths
To set the minimum password strengths, perform the following steps:
- To specify the default minimum password strength for features that you set Default, use the Default Required Password Strength slider or enter a number between
100in the appropriate text box.
- To configure a minimum required password strength for a specific feature, use that feature's slider to specify its minimum password strength, or enter a number between
100in the text box.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- We recommend that you set the value of Default Required Password Strength to
- By default, this requirement only applies to new accounts. To enforce this requirement for existing accounts, you must enable the Password Strength setting in WHM's Configure Security Policies interface (Home >> Security Center >> Configure Security Policies).