For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> SSL/TLS >> SSL/TLS Wizard)
- You must possess a cPanelID user account in order to purchase SSL certificates through this interface. cPanelID is the combined username and password combination for the cPanel Store, the cPanel Tickets system, and our Manage2 billing system.
- If you already own account at the cPanel Store, the cPanel Tickets system, or the Manage2 billing system, that is your cPanelID.
- If you do not already own an account at those sites, register for a cPanelID at the cPanel Tickets System Registration page. For more information about cPanelID, read our cPanelID documentation.
- The cPanel Store will charge your cPanelID's payment information for the certificate.
The SSL/TLS Wizard interface allows you to easily purchase and install SSL certificates for domains on your account. It also lists purchased certificates that an SSL certificate provider has yet to deliver.
- You can only purchase certificates for domains that resolve to an IP address on your server.
- Because cPanel's configuration of the Apache web server only allows you to secure one virtual host's (website's) domains per certificate, the interface organizes the account's domains, subdomains, and aliased domains by their website.
- For example, the system treats an addon domain as its corresponding subdomain. Because each subdomain exists in its own website, an addon domain exists in its own website.
- If your server does not support SNI, you can only purchase a single certificate to secure all of that account's domains, and the account must have a dedicated IP address.
How to purchase certificates
The interface organizes all domains on the account into website lists.
To purchase a certificate or certificates for domains on your account, perform the following steps:
Select the domains.
Select the checkbox next to each domain name that you wish to add to a website list's certificate.
- If a certificate is pending for a domain or website list, the interface will not allow you to purchase another certificate for the domain or website list until the system downloads and installs the certificate.
- Select the checkbox at the top of a website list to add all of its domains to the certificate.
Your server will attempt a Domain Control Validation (DCV) check of each domain that you select.
- Green domains with a checkmark pass the DCV check.
- Red domains with a blue warning triangle fail the DCV check. The interface will display the error message below the domain.
- Certificates purchased through the cPanel Store automatically include each domain's corresponding
www.subdomain for no additional cost.
The interface will not allow you to purchase a domain for a website if the list contains a domain with an IP address that does not resolve to your server.
- To remove a domain from a website list, deselect the appropriate checkbox.
- To remove all domains that did not validate from a website list, click Remove all domains that did not validate.
- To add a domain back to a website list, select the appropriate checkbox.
Select the certificates.Click Continue to display a list of certificates that are available for purchase on that website list. Select the desired certificate for each website.
- The list of certificates depends on the certificate providers that your hosting provider selects for the cPanel Market.
- The interface displays a price for each domain on a certificate, and displays a description when you select it.
- The interface displays an order subtotal in the upper-right corner of the table.
For each selected Extended Validation (EV) certificate, the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) Confirmation interface will appear.
- Perform any necessary changes to the information in the CSR text boxes and click Continue.
Add certificates to cart.Click Add to Cart to add a website list's certificate to your shopping cart.
- If you need to make any changes to the domains in a website list or select a different certificate, click the appropriate green edit button and make your changes.
Log in to the cPanel Store.
Click Checkout to proceed to the cPanel Store.
Log in to the cPanel Store with your cPanelID account.
You must possess a cPanelID user account in order to purchase SSL certificates through this interface. cPanelID is the combined username and password combination for the cPanel Store, the cPanel Ticket system, and our Manage2 billing system.
- If you already have an account at the cPanel Store, the cPanel Tickets system, or the Manage2 billing system, that is your cPanelID.
- If you do not already have an account at those sites, click Create Account, enter your email address in the new interface, and click Create Account. For more information about cPanelID, read our cPanelID documentation.
Confirm the shopping cart contents.
Your server will upload your shopping cart to the cPanel Store, and your browser will redirect you to the cPanel Store interface.
- The left side of the interface displays your desired certificates, their cost, estimated tax, and the total price.
- The right side of the interface displays your payment information and options.
Show me the money!
Confirm your payment information, or make any necessary changes.
Click Pay Now to purchase the certificates in your cart.
- Click Pay Now to confirm that you wish to purchase the certificates, or click Cancel Transaction to cancel the transaction.
Return to the cPanel interface
The cPanel Store will process your purchase, and your browser will redirect you back to the SSL/TLS Wizard interface.
Click View Pending Certificates to display a list of certificates that you have purchased.
The Pending Certificates section of the interface lists all of the SSL certificates that you have purchased from the cPanel Store. The system will automatically poll the certificate provider to determine whether each pending certificate is ready.
When a certificate is ready, the system will download that certificate and automatically install it on the site.
- To manually check the pending certificate queue, click Check Pending Certificates.
- To show the details of a certificate, click the appropriate Show Details link.
- To hide the details of a certificate, click the appropriate Hide Details link.
- To cancel a purchase, click the appropriate Cancel link and confirm that you wish to cancel the transaction.
- To contact the cPanel Market provider about a certificate order, click the appropriate Contact Market Provider link.
The cPanel Store will automatically email a copy of the certificate to the user. If the cPanel Store fails to redirect the user back to their account's SSL/TLS Wizard interface, the user can install the certificate manually.