For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> Security)
This document describes functionality from cPanel's deprecated x3 theme. We strongly recommend that you use cPanel's current theme (Paper Lantern) instead.
- We removed the deprecated x3 theme from new installations in cPanel & WHM version 60.
- Make certain that you read the appropriate documentation for your version of cPanel & WHM.
- For more information, read our What's My Version Number documentation.
- cPanel's Paper Lantern theme does not include certain x3 theme-specific features.
- For a complete list of Paper Lantern features, read our cPanel Features List documentation.
- If you need a feature that the Paper Lantern theme does not include, submit a feature request.
The following documents describe the interfaces of the cPanel Security section.
- Password Protect Directories - x3 — This interface allows you to restrict access to certain parts of your website with the requirement of user names and passwords.
- IP Address Deny Manager - x3 —This interface allows you to block a single IP address or a range of IP addresses.
- SSL/TLS Manager - x3 — This interface allows you to manage SSL/TLS keys, certificates, and signing requests. These interfaces are intended to make your website more secure.
- SSH Shell Access - x3 — This interface allows you to manage public and private keys for your account.
- HotLink Protection - x3 — This interface allows you to prevent the theft of bandwidth by other websites.
- Leech Protect - x3 — This interface allows you to deny users the ability to share passwords publicly.
- GnuPG Keys - x3 — This interface allows you to create and manage GnuPG keys, which use the “public key approach” to encrypt messages.
- ModSecurity - x3 — This interface allows you to enable or disable ModSecurity™ for your domains.