For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> Software and Services >> Site Software)
This document describes functionality from cPanel's deprecated x3 theme. We strongly recommend that you use cPanel's current theme (Paper Lantern) instead.
- We removed the deprecated x3 theme from new installations in cPanel & WHM version 60.
- Make certain that you read the appropriate documentation for your version of cPanel & WHM.
- For more information, read our What's My Version Number documentation.
- cPanel's Paper Lantern theme does not include certain x3 theme-specific features.
- For a complete list of Paper Lantern features, read our cPanel Features List documentation.
- If you need a feature that the Paper Lantern theme does not include, submit a feature request.
The Site Software interface allows you to add, manage, upgrade, and remove cPAddons (cPanel Addons). cPAddons are software packages that add useful functions to your website. For example, cPAddons can run blogs, bulletin boards, ecommerce, guest books, and other services.
Your hosting provider selects which cPAddons are available to you. If you need an additional cPAddon for your website, contact your hosting provider.
How to manage cPAddons
To toggle whether the system will notify you when updates for your cPAddons are available, click here.
To inspect a cPAddon, click the name of the cPAddon. A new window will appear that displays the following information:
- A link to the creator's website, where you can learn more about the cPAddon.
- License terms.
- Configuration information, such as an admin username, administrator password, installation location, and other settings.
The interface also displays additional links to allow you to install, upgrade, and uninstall the cPAddon.
Third-party software developers published most cPAddons, not cPanel, Inc. For assistance with a cPAddon, contact your hosting provider or the software developer.
How to Install WordPress With cPanel — This document explains how to install WordPress® on a cPanel site.