Generate a New Certificate
To generate a self-signed SSL certificate, perform the following steps:
Under the Generate a New Certificate heading, select the key from the Key menu.
If the desired key does not appear in the menu, use the Private Keys feature to add a new private key. For more information, view our Private Keys - KEY documentation.
Enter the appropriate information in the Domains, City, State, Country, Company, Company Division, Email, and Description text boxes.
Domains, City, State, Country, and Company are required fields.
- Click Generate.
Self-signed certificates are reserved for intranet uses. To secure a public website, we recommend that you purchase and install a certificate from a trusted Certificate Authority. Consult your preferred search engine to locate an SSL provider.
Delete a certificate
To delete a certificate, perform the following steps:
- Under Certificates on Server heading, click Delete next to the certificate.
- Click the Delete Certificates button to confirm. A success or error message will appear.
Edit and view details about a certificate
To edit a description or view a certificate, perform the following steps:
- Under the Certificates on Server heading, click Edit & View next to the certificate.
- The interface will display the description, the encoded certificate, and the decoded certificate.
- In the Description: text box, enter your changes then click Update Description. A success or error message will appear.
Install a certificate
To install a certificate, click Install in the Actions column under the Certificates on Server heading.
For more information, read our Install and Manage SSL for your site HTTPS documentation.