(WHM >> Home >> Account Functions >> Create a New Account)
Create a New Account
This feature allows you to assign a package to a new account. A package defines the account's limitations. For example, a package determines how much disk space the new account can use or how much data the new account can transfer.
root users do not grant resellers the Account Modification (edit-account) privilege, then the reseller must specify a package when they create a new account. The
root user can assign this privilege to resellers in WHM's Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges interface (WHM >> Home >> Resellers >> Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges).
Some hosting providers use the term "domain templates" to describe this concept.
Use the Choose a Package menu to assign an existing package. If you are unsure of the limitations that a package will assign, hold your cursor over theicon to view the package’s configuration.
Select package options manually
To edit package options manually, select the Select Options Manually checkbox. The following additional options will appear:
- The Save manual settings as a Package checkbox.
- The Manual Resource Options section.
- Additional options in the Settings section.
- The Create a New Account - Package Extensions section, if you selected a package that uses package extensions from the Choose a Package menu.
Save manual settings as a Package
To save your manually-selected options as a new package, perform the following steps:
- Select the Save manual settings as a Package checkbox. The Package Name text box and Feature List menu will appear.
Enter a name for the new package in the Package Name text box.
You must enter a package name in this text box.
Select a feature list from the Feature List menu.
Feature lists define which cPanel features are available to cPanel users. To edit or create a feature list, use WHM's Feature Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Packages >> Feature Manager).