This interface lists your domains.
The Main Domain label identifies the domain that your hosting provider listed to create this account.
This interface displays an unlinked file path if your hosting provider disables the File Manager feature. For more information, contact your hosting provider.
To manage redirects, navigate to the Redirects interface (cPanel >> Home >> Domains >> Redirects).
|Show Associated Subdomains|
To show subdomains that the system automatically creates, perform the following steps:
Use the Manage the Domain interface to manage the document root path, remove the domain, or perform other actions.
From the Additional Resources menu, you can select the following actions to perform in a new browser tab:
These options only appear if your hosting provider enables them.
- Create an Email Address — Add an email address to the website.
- Create a Site with Site Publisher — Quickly create a simple website, even if you have never created a website before.
- Modify the Zones — Create, edit, and delete Domain Name Service (DNS) records.
- Modify the Redirects — Send all of the visitors of a domain or particular page to a different URL.
New document root
The document root defines the domain's directory relative to the cPanel account's home directory. For example, if you enter
newdomain.com in the New Document Root text box and the cPanel account uses the
/home/username home directory, the files for that domain will exist in the
- This option only appears if your hosting provider enables it.
- This action changes the directory where the web server searches for your files. It does not rearrange your files in any way.
- You cannot modify the document root for domains that share the document root with the main domain.
To provide a new document root, perform the following steps:
- Enter a new document root path relative to the user's home directory.
- Click Update.
Remove the domain
To remove the domain from the cPanel account, perform the following steps:
- Click Remove Domain.
- To confirm that you wish to remove this domain, click Yes, remove this domain.
- We strongly recommend that you create a full account backup before you remove a domain. For more information about backups, read our Backup documentation.
- This action only removes the domain's
vhostentries and DNS entries. The server retains the domain's directory and contents.
- You cannot delete the main domain.
Email accounts when you remove a domain
If you remove a domain that contains email accounts, those email accounts will not appear in the Email Accounts interface (cPanel >> Home >> Email >> Email Accounts). However, the mail folders continue to exist on the server. If you add the domain again, the email accounts will reappear.