EasyApache is software that installs, modifies, and validates your Apache web server, PHP, Tomcat, and other components of your web server.
For an introduction to EasyApache and how to troubleshoot common problems, read our EasyApache FAQ documentation.
cPanel & WHM does not require that you use EasyApache, but it provides a convenient and easy method to modify your web server. Your cPanel & WHM license includes the EasyApache software.
- We strongly recommend that you update your cPanel & WHM version before you run EasyApache.
- We do not support EasyApache functionality on versions of cPanel & WHM that have reached End of Life (EOL). If your version of cPanel & WHM does not support a new feature in EasyApache, your server will not have access to that feature.
- For more information on our EOL policy, read our cPanel & WHM Long-Term Support documentation.
The EasyApache interface
WHM's EasyApache 3 interface (Home >> Software >> EasyApache 3) allows you to select different options in EasyApache. You can also access a command line interface (CLI) version of the EasyApache interface with the
For more information on WHM's EasyApache 3 interface, read our EasyApache Interface documentation.
An EasyApache profile contains a set of options that determine the modules that EasyApache builds into your web server. EasyApache provides profiles that include the most commonly used options.
The initial stage of WHM's EasyApache 3 interface allows you to modify, build, or download a profile.
After you modify a profile, you can save your selections as a new profile. To save your selections as a new profile, use the Save selections as custom profile (optional) section at the bottom of the Exhaustive Options List stage of the EasyApache 3 interface.
/var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/custom/ directory contains your profile files. For example, if you enter
exampleprofile in the File name text box,
exampleprofile.yaml will be the full file name.
For more information on how to distributes EasyApache profiles to multiple servers, read our How to Distribute EasyApache Files Over Multiple Servers documentation.
How EasyApache works
When you access WHM's EasyApache 3 interface, EasyApache checks for any updates to its own software and the software that it provides. EasyApache will not make changes to your server until you initiate the build process.
The EasyApache software performs the following steps when you initiate the build process:
- EasyApache creates a backup copy of your current Apache configuration.
- EasyApache checks the options that you selected and verifies compatibility, and then attempts to build Apache and PHP with your selections.
If the new build passes validation tests, EasyApache applies the build to your server.
This step may cause your web server to be briefly unresponsive.
- EasyApache checks to make sure that the new build is fully functional on your server. If Apache does not function properly, EasyApache may revert your Apache installation to the configuration from step 1.
- EasyApache removes temporary files and exits.
EasyApache file locations
The following table includes some important EasyApache file locations:
|File or directory location||Description|
|This directory includes the build log files of your EasyApache build attempts.|
|This file contains your most recent EasyApache build profile.|
|This script provides access to the CLI version of the EasyApache interface.|
|This directory contains the build history files. You can also access your EasyApache build history via the Profile stage of WHM's EasyApache 3 interface.|
For more information on the files that EasyApache uses to build your web server, read the following documentation: