For cPanel & WHM 11.44
(Home >> SSL/TLS)
This area of WHM allows you to perform several functions to help secure your server.
- Generate an SSL Certificate and Signing Request — This function allows you to generate a certificate signing request (CSR) that you can use to purchase a certificate from a certificate authority or a self-signed SSL certificate (with corresponding private key and certificate signing request).
- Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain — This function installs an SSL certificate (with corresponding private key) in the correct directories.
- Manage SSL Hosts — This function allows you to share SSL certificates and manage certificates by domain and user.
- Purchase and Install an SSL Certificate — This feature allows you to purchase and install a Trustwave® SSL certificate from the WHM interface.
- SSL Storage Manager— This feature lists all of the keys and certificates that are installed on your server.
The following table describes a user's privileges to create an SSL certificate:
|Website Owners||A website owner can only create an SSL certificate on their own domain that is hosted on a dedicated IP address.|
|Reseller||A reseller can create an SSL host on any IP address that has been dedicated to the reseller. You cannot dedicate this IP address to an SSL resource.|
|Reseller with Root privileges||The |
- SSL FAQ and Troubleshooting — This document explains the basic concepts of SSL/TLS and how to solve common installation problems.
- Change Site's IP Address — The Change Site’s IP Address feature allows you to change the IP address of an account. This is useful, for example, if you wish to dedicate a unique IP address to each reseller, or if you wish to host sites that use SSL certificates.