Edit confirmation messages
BoxTrapper automatically responds to email with messages that the system builds from the following templates:
- verify — BoxTrapper responds with this message when an address that does not exist on the whitelist or blacklist sends an email. This message requests a response to confirm that the sender is legitimate.
- verifyreleased — BoxTrapper responds with this message when a person responds to the verify message with an email or a click on the verification link.
- returnverify — BoxTrapper responds with this message when the verification process fails.
- blacklist — BoxTrapper responds with this message when a blacklisted address sends an email.
Click Edit to customize the verification and blacklist message templates.
These templates use the following variables:
%email% — The sender's email address.
%fromname% — The recipient's name.
%subject% — The subject of the sender's email.
%acct% — The recipient's username.
%msgid% — The message ID of the sender's email.
%headers% — The heading information of the sender's email.
%if can_verify_web% and
%endif% — These tags enclose a section that allows BoxTrapper to verify senders through a web link.
Do not alter
verify#%msgid% in the subject line of the verify message template. BoxTrapper requires that specific code to function properly.
To restore the default message templates, click Reset to Default.
Edit whitelists, blacklists, and ignore lists
To edit lists, perform the following steps:
- Click Edit White/Black/Ignore lists.
- Select the list that you want to modify.
- Enter any messages, subjects, or email addresses for which you wish to filter.
- Click Save.
The system compares every new message that you receive against the following three lists:
- Whitelist — The system delivers messages directly to your inbox.
- Ignore list — The system deletes messages without a notification.
- Blacklist — The system deletes messages, and the sender receives a reply that indicates that the system blocked the message.
Click Forward List to update the account's forward list. Enter email addresses that you wish to add to the forward list, and click Save. The system will automatically forward whitelisted emails to these addresses.
The system organizes this log by day, and displays any activity for an email address that uses BoxTrapper. Use this log, for example, to isolate problems with email delivery.
Click Review Queue to view any unverified BoxTrapper mail.
To deliver or delete emails, perform the following steps:
- Select the checkbox for the desired day.
- Select Delete or Whitelist and Deliver.
- Click Submit.
To see the contents of a message, perform the following steps:
- Click the email’s sender, subject, or date to see the entire message, headers, and more delivery options. For example, you can ignore or blacklist a sender.
- Select the option for which you wish to filter.
- Click Go.