(WHM >> Home >> SQL Services >> Additional MySQL Access Hosts)
This interface allows you to permit remote hosts (servers) to access MySQL® databases on your server, or to access a remote MySQL server that you configured via WHM's Manage MySQL Profiles interface (WHM >> Home >> SQL Services >> Setup Remote MySQL Server). The system applies this list of servers to every cPanel user and every MySQL user that a cPanel user owns.
- cPanel users cannot permanently remove remote hosts that you add through this interface. cPanel accounts can temporarily remove these remote hosts via cPanel's Remote MySQL interface (cPanel >> Home >> Databases >> Remote MySQL). However, the system restores these remote hosts when the user accesses cPanel's MySQL Databases interface (cPanel >> Home >> Databases >> MySQL Database) or the system administrator clicks the click here link in the Additional MySQL Access Hosts interface.
- cPanel accounts can add more remote hosts to their account and their MySQL users via cPanel's Remote MySQL interface (cPanel >> Home >> Databases >> Remote MySQL).
- The system does not allow system accounts and
root-level users that are not cPanel accounts to use this functionality.
Configure remote access to MySQL
To configure the list of remote hosts with access to your MySQL databases, perform the following steps:
- In the text box, enter the hostnames of remote hosts that you wish to access your server's MySQL databases.
- Click Save.
To add the hostnames to each user's access list, perform one of the following actions:
- Click click here to automatically add the hostnames to each cPanel user's access list.
- Ask your cPanel users to access cPanel's Remote MySQL interface (cPanel >> Home >> Databases >> Remote MySQL) to add the hosts.