The Advanced interface organizes the account's domains, subdomains, and aliased domains by their website. cPanel's configuration of the Apache web server only allows you to secure one virtual host's (website's) domains per certificate. For example, the system treats an addon domain as its corresponding subdomain. Because each subdomain exists in its own website, an addon domain exists in its own website.
You cannot purchase a wildcard certificate through the Advanced interface.
To purchase a certificate or certificates for domains on your account, perform the following steps:
Select the domains.
Select the checkbox next to each domain name that you wish to add to a website list's certificate.
- The interface will not allow you to purchase a certificate for a domain if a certificate is pending for that domain. Click View to view the pending certificate's information.
- Select the checkbox at the top of a website list to add all of its domains to the certificate.
Your server will attempt a Domain Control Validation (DCV) check of each domain that you select.
- Green domains with a checkmark pass the DCV check.
- Red domains with a blue warning triangle fail the DCV check. The interface will display the error message below the domain.
- Certificates that you purchased through the cPanel Store automatically include each domain's corresponding
www. subdomain (that pass a DCV check) for no additional cost.
The interface will not allow you to purchase a domain for a website if the list contains a domain with an IP address that does not resolve to your server.
- To remove a domain from a website list, deselect the appropriate checkbox.
- To remove all domains that did not validate from a website list, click Remove all domains that did not validate.
- To add a domain back to a website list, select the appropriate checkbox.
Select the certificates.Click Continue to display a list of certificates that are available for purchase on that website list. Select the desired certificate for each website.
- The list of certificates depends on the certificate providers that your hosting provider selects for the cPanel Market.
- The interface displays a price for each domain on a certificate, and displays a description when you select it.
- The interface displays an order subtotal in the upper-right corner of the table.
You cannot purchase wildcard certificates through the Advanced interface.
Extended Validation (EV) or Organizational Validation (OV)
If you selected an EV or OV certificate in the previous step, a new tab will appear, in which you must enter information about your organization. The certificate authority (CA) will use this information to validate your organization.
The address text boxes require information about your organization's physical or mailing address, while the where incorporated (JOI) text boxes require information about where your organization registered as a company.
Add certificates to cart.
Click Add to Cart to add a website list's certificate to your shopping cart. To edit the domain list or select a different certificate, click the appropriate green edit icon and make your changes.